Benedict Park Place Downtown Denver News April 2010

Welcome to the Benedict Park Place Downtown Denver News.

You’ll find out what’s hip and happening in our neighborhood and downtown Denver.

Things to See and Do in April

Spring is coming to the Rockies and April is filled with all kinds of events and attractions.

There’s the amazing Body Worlds and the Story of the Heart exhibit at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.  In town until July, this brand-new display features over 200 specially preserved human specimens that illustrate in stunning detail how the heart sustains human life.  More information about the Denver Museum of Nature and Science

The Denver International Auto Show comes to the Colorado Convention Center April 7th through 11th.  Preview new models, some for 2011, and see what combination of style and energy efficiency is coming down the road.  Go to the Denver International Auto Show

Doors Open Denver, a two-day, behind-the-scenes celebration of some of Denver’s architectural highlights happens the week-end of April 17th – 18th.   Get the inside scoop on a selection of our city’s most spectacular buildings.  Take a tour with an expert or sign up for a self-guided urban adventure.  Admission is free.

April marks the end of the regular season for the Denver Nuggets at the Pepsi Center.

Coors Field Rockies Baseball Downtown DenverAs professional basketball starts to wind down, major league baseball is just getting started.  The Colorado Rockies home opener against the San Diego Padres is scheduled for the afternoon of April 9th at Coors Field.  Are you going to the home opener?


Denver is home to an enchanting variety of performing arts stages, venues and exhibits.

April theater offerings include Cinderella, Opus, and Momma Hated Diesels.

On the music scene, look for Blaine Larsen and B.B. King.

Dance aficionados can catch the Seven Falls Indian Dancers, Denver Dance Starz and Starpower.

For more information, check out the Denver 365 Year-Round Events Guide and the Down Denver Partnership Happenings page.

Colorado Fun Fact

Stegosaurus Picture Colorado State FossilDid you know Colorado has a state fossil?

Yes it does.  Our state claims the Stegosaurus, a large herbivore with distinctive plates running down its spine as its pre-historic mascot.

Eco-Tip for April

Unplug your cell phone charger!

Did you know only about 5% of the energy drawn from your cell phone charger cord actually charges your phone?  The other 95% simply heats the charger when it’s left plugged in to the wall.  Treehugger.com has more information.

Resources

Need to know more about living and doing business in Denver?

You’ll find tons of useful information at City and County of Denver, the official government site.

The Denver 365 Year-Round Events Guide is another good way to find things to do in Downtown Denver.

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.